Thursday, February 18, 2010

Childhood Obesity & The PC Police

The day that I lose my ability to be shocked is the day that I hang up my blogging spurs, so I guess that I'm happy to report that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

My most recent shockable event is the howls of protest over an Obama administration plan to address the childhood obesity epidemic.

While it's hard to be against educating children at the earliest ages to adopt healthy behaviors since by the time an obese child reaches adolescence there little change that he or she will slim down. But the PC Police are all over the plan because it singles out these children and makes them feel bad about their body image, hence screed like this from Ampersand at
Alas! A Blog.

Cartoon by Signe Wilkinson/Philadelphia Daily News

No comments: